Coordinator, Project Field Support, Level 1 Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you enjoy travel? Do you have experience in business support, documentation control, inventory, office administration, or coordination? Are you looking for the opportunity of supporting an exciting construction environment? Then we are looking for your skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Power
US, Portland | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 9522
Coordinator, Project Field Support, Level 1
Are you looking for a new opportunity within a growing industry? Do you enjoy travel? Do you have experience in business support, documentation control, inventory, office administration, or coordination? Are you looking for the opportunity of supporting an exciting construction environment? Then we are looking for your skills at Vestas, the leader in Wind Power
SBU AME/Construction/Project Support
The Field Support Coordinator 1 (FSC Tier 1) is a critical member of the on-site team supporting the construction phase of building and connecting the wind power plant to the grid. More specifically, they have responsibility for facilitating site setup, transport, installation, mechanical completion, commissioning, and site close-out of at least one project. The FSC Tier 1 follows defined processes and procedures for safety, inventory management and documentation, with a professional focus on ensuring system and process compliance.
- Support Vestas safety policies: maintain safety policies and environmental containment. Ensure a clean and safe work environment. Identify and mitigate hazards. Participate in daily safety meetings at project site. Complete monthly safety training assignments on schedule.
- Provide business and administrative support to project leadership for assigned projects and sites. Collect construction and site documentation, including the assembly of job books for each turbine on site. Process, scan, and upload documentation, including but not limited to: transport, installation, commissioning, QA/QC forms, and contractor timesheets. Verify documentation for accuracy. Organize, sort, and file documents according to defined processes and procedures. Ensure physical and electronic document control.
- Coordinate end-to-end construction inventory and tooling movement transactions, including receiving site containers, conducting cycle counts, handling reconciliation of discrepancies, and coordinating container returns. Ensure physical and electronic inventory control; ship and receive parts/materials/tools; identify and record serial numbers; create and monitor purchase orders/purchase requests; consume/return parts. Register non-conformity reports (NCRs) in SAP for the project, upload related documentation, and ensure inventory is consumed and labor hours are recorded to NCRs appropriately.
- Take direction from and communicate daily with construction manager (CM) and coordinate technicians. Assist CM to fulfill customer requests and resolve customer issues in a timely and cost-effective manner. Establish appropriate on-site communications with customer personnel. Collaborate with technicians in execution of inventory control. Responsible for site compliance to approved processes; provide SAP fundamental instruction and assist with system problem solving and error processing. Enter, monitor, and maintain site data. Ensure availability of tools and spares on site. Coordinate LEAN processes at the project site to increase efficiency and reduce waste.
- Complete transactions in a timely and accurate manner, entering daily updates to the Site Progress Log and uploading As Built documentation to shared motivation in order to ensure accurate financials and scheduling. Enter work hours on a daily basis. Perform administrative tasks related to site setup, including establishing new vendors and ordering fixtures, containers, and supplies for a new or existing site office. Support planning and scheduling efforts and requirements through assigned tasks. Assist CM to monitor work hours, budget, and expenditures.
- Utilize defined work instructions where available to complete job functions and solve problems, seeking consultation from higher level staff to resolve problems outside position requirements and responsibilities.
- Support other sites to solve issues impacting the greater organization. Promote the values of Simplicity, Accountability, and Collaboration. Take direction from and communicate on regular basis with Portland based manager. Respond to queries in timely manner. Effectively look for opportunities to improve job processes and procedures and communicate ideas through appropriate channels. Promote a sharing and learning environment in which others are developed throughout the organization.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of business support experience in inventory or office administration, wind industry experience preferred
- Experienced in working with enterprise resource program (SAP preferred) such as a dispatch / planner, stock keeper, technician, front desk function, and advanced forecasting and planning.
- Proven ability and experience in planning, logistics, scheduling and inventory control.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills; active and effective listener; ability to effectively influence others to adhere to standard processes and procedures.
- Advanced PC computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel). Preference given to those with SAP experience.
- Ability to work in both a team-based environment and with limited to no supervision. Candidate should be capable of working remotely without need for supervision.
- Ability to identify problems and solve them through root cause analysis; investigative skills and attention to detail.
- Solid time management and organizational skills to ensure both professional and assigned department goals are met. LEAN experience is preferred.
- Approximately 90% travel required, valid driver’s license required.
- Passport for international travel is preferred.
- IMPACT: Set and achieve day-to-day goals that have direct impact to others within the job area. Significant contribution to achievement of desired organizational results. Makes primarily independent decisions related to daily work with consult of higher level team members as needed. Provides direction to technicians to improve inventory and project documentation accuracy.
- KNOWLEDGE: Acts as a trainer to technicians across area regarding SAP entry of inventory and project documentation accuracy.
- COMMUNICATION: High level of communication skills required. Must have the ability to influence others and effectively coordinate assignments without oversight. Performs work with limited to no supervision, with minimal supervision. Regularly interacts with personnel throughout the company.
- INNOVATION: Check and correct problems that are not immediately evident in existing systems or processes
- WORKING CONDITIONS: No major exposure to risk or physical injury on the job. Primary work will be at project locations within U.S. or Canada.
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position can be located anywhere in the US because 90-100% travel is required. The work will be performed at construction project locations in the US.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to effectively perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.