Coordinator (f/m/d), Remaining Works
DE, Hamburg | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 5005
Do you have technical understanding and experience from the construction industry combined with solid coordination skills? Would it motivate you to be working in a dynamic international environment where your effort will have an impact? We are looking for a Coordinator to join our team in the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions.
NCE Construction covers 40 countries and has approx. 230 employees in 15 different locations. The Construction department is responsible for the safe installation of approximately 150 projects every year. You will be part of the Planning & Special Tasks team in NCE Construction - a small team of experienced and very committed people. You will have a high degree of collaboration with stakeholders across the organisation, especially your close colleagues in Husum, Germany, and Videbæk, Denmark.
As the Coordinator (f/m/d) for Remaining Works, you will play a vital role to ensure that the construction is delivering their work to the customer´s satisfaction, involving and engaging all necessary internal and external stakeholders. During the handover phase between Vestas and our customers your responsibilities will involve:
- Plan, organise, and coordinate necessary subcontractor´s actions to close open items of customer inspection (punch lists / remaining works) on Vestas wind turbines
- Identification and ordering of spare parts to enable external subcontractors to perform reworking activities
- Keep track and follow up on work being completed and escalate to stakeholders, if needed
- Evaluation of working reports regarding completeness and correctness after rework has been completed
- Maintain documentation of progress and schedule for planned rework activities
- Reporting to relevant Construction stakeholders (Project Managers, Site Managers) on the progress of remaining works activities in weekly meetings
- Contact the Service department to organise service teams for rework activities and to receive evidence of rework
To be able to succeed on the abovementioned tasks, you will need to stay in close contact with external stakeholders, like subcontractors as well as the Service and Site Operations department.
We are looking for you, who has a solid technical understanding combined with the ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders. Furthermore, we expect you to have the following qualifications:
- Degree in technical studies or technical apprenticeship, or commercial degree with proven experience within a technical field
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience within the construction industry. Experience with the wind industry is a plus
- Good communication skills and fluency in both in German and English, verbally and in writing
- Advanced user of MS Office and it would be a plus if you know SAP/Primavera
We expect you to be good at building strong customer relations and that you can keep track of many tasks at the same time without losing the greater overview. Besides, we would like you to have/be:
- A structured approach to your tasks combined with good coordination skills
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines without compromising on quality
- Proactive by nature and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- A team-player, yet able to work on your own
What we offer
We offer a challenging workplace with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with the energy industry's global partner on sustainable energy solutions.
We have an eclectic mix of experience and skills, working together to make Vestas' vision a reality. Join Vestas and you will find yourself working in a spirit of worldwide collaboration while enjoying the knowledge that you are making a positive difference.
Your work location will be Hamburg or Husum, Germany.
Approximately 20 days of traveling per year must be expected.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis, so please apply online as soon as possible and no later than the 9th of August 2020.
For additional information about the position, please contact Manager, Construction Engineering, Aljoscha Koch at +49 151 1599 0678.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.