SBM Offshore believes the oceans will provide the world with safe, sustainable and affordable energy for generations to come. We share our experience to make it happen.
We design, build, install and operate offshore floating facilities for the offshore energy industry. As a leading technology provider, we put our marine expertise at the service of a responsible energy transition by reducing emissions from fossil fuel production, while developing cleaner solutions for renewable energy sources. More than 7,000 SBMers worldwide are committed to sharing their experience to deliver safe, sustainable and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come. Together, we are driving progress forward in a TRUE. BLUE. TRANSITION.
Background: A CRO is capable of operating DCS, Fire and Gas and ESD systems from Central Control Room. They will optimise the process and reduce and control plant upsets.
They will respond effectively to emergencies. Ensure ensure that plant inhibits and overrides are controlled as per procedures and Management System guidelines. Ensure that that personnel under their supervision are fully competent and aware of their responsibilities.
Authority: The CRO is authorised to control and adjust the automated process safely to maximise production efficiency, and to coordinate permits and related isolations for maintenance
Immediate Subordinates: Deck Production Operators, & Subcontractors, Vendors, Visitors.
Accountable For: Typical Responsibilities & Standards
1) Process 1 Start up, Operate, Monitor and Shut Down Process and Utility Systems.
2 Monitor, maintain and optimise process parameters (Level, flow, temperature, pressure etc) within operating requirements.
3 Compare sample and testing results (API/BS&W/salinity) of process and utility fluids to optimal.
4 Trouble shoot to maximize sales quality and delivery volume to identify problems.
5 Maintain discharge water quality within current O&M Contractor Operations or local guidelines.
6 Monitor and operate electrical/hydraulic control panels, safety and emergency shutdown devices, Fire and Gas Systems.
7 Ensure accurate production reporting is submitted daily or as required by company and client.
8 Witness third party calibrations when appropriate to provide verification of meter factors and volumes.
9 Prove export oil meters.
1 Implementing and enforcing O&M Contractor Operations Management System policies and procedures in particular Isolation Standards, and PTW. 2 Carry out all operations in safe and environmentally sound manner.
3 Report all discharges, leaks, spills, injuries, and incidents, immediately.
4 Ensure personnel understand and comply with current environmental regulations.
5 Carry out Emergency Response role
3) Maintenance 1 Assist maintenance operations by applying/removing isolations as required.
2 Supervise operation of PTW system.
3 Advise maintenance personnel on hazards of plant and equipment.
4 Maintain clear and precise communications during maintenance operations.
4) Manage & Supervise Effectively 1 Co ordinate activities and resources across teams or shift.
2 Contribute to training and assessment of personnel.
3 Control activities and development of subordinate personnel.
4 Record and report on personnel development/appraisals and competence assessments as required.
5 Efficiency improvement and pursue company goals.
6 Create and maintain effective working relationships
Units Of Competence
1. Prepare process and utility systems for remote operation 2. Remotely operate and monitor process and utility systems
3. Prepare process and utility systems for shutdown
4. Isolate and reinstate process and utility systems for maintenance and repair
5. Contribute to control of critical situations and respond to emergencies
6. Monitor and maintain pollution control measures
7. Manage and Supervise Effectively
8. Carry out Emergency Response role
9. Provide any additional duties as required by the OIM/Unit Spt. and /or HOD to maintain safe and efficient
running of the Unit.
Pre-hire Qualifications and Experience:
· 5 years minimum in Hydrocarbon processing operations with 2 years as CCRO and appropriate mix of operational, and supervisory experience.
· Offshore Personal Survival, Management of Major Emergencies, Medical certificates.
· Good level of troubleshooting and operations knowledge including interpretation of P&IDs and C&E charts.
· Extensive knowledge of offshore FPSO operations, including Production, Maintenance, Engineering and
· Good working Knowledge of DCS and F&G systems operation.
· Medically fit to offshore International standards such as ENG1 or equivalent.
Personal: Conscientious, flexible, versatile and determined. Capable of assertive and positive communication and performance.
Leadership: Assertive leadership skills. Good levels of written and spoken communication in English language.
Clear understanding of behavioural and logistical personnel issues. Flexible in applying different
approaches to changing work demands.
Technical: High standard of technical, and professional knowledge as defined by competences. Good knowledge
of DCS/SCADA systems. Some knowledge of cargo handling and marine utility systems where
appropriate for position.
IT: Practical familiarity with standard ‘Office’ software package. Operation and use of Internet and
electronic mail system
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at www.sbmoffshore.com. The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.