SE, Malmo | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 6598
Vestas have some of the most exciting and complex projects in the world of sustainable energy solutions. If you’re a commercially-focused contract manager who enjoys the interaction with a range of internal stakeholders and customers, then this is the role you can really make an impact!
Sales > SBU NCE >Construction
Construction is responsible to install, commission and finally handover wind farms to the client. Working close together with the client and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, efficiently and with a high-quality standard.
Main areas of responsibilities are monitoring and control of the contracts during their drafting, execution and closure, ensuring that all prescribed procedures and milestones are followed. Customer and subcontractor's contract communication management, documentation preparation, contract awareness towards the complete project team are key functions within this role.
- Contracts closure, including drafting, evaluation, negotiation and execution, in cooperation with Legal, Sales and Sourcing team. Non-Disclosure Agreements, Sales / Purchasing Agreements, Sub-contracts, Consulting Agreements, Licensing Agreements, Master Agreements, review of customer proposed terms and conditions
- Support the Project Managers vis-à-vis customers and subcontractors, getting involved into the several tasks of the Project Team (e.g. planning, transports, site operations, etc.), with the objective to ensure a broad contractual and commercial approach to the job as a whole
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations and often negotiate directly with customer attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached
- As needed, provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies
- Work with Finance to ensure adherence to broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition. May include 'financial engineering' and understanding / evaluating economic impact of terms and term options
- Ensure that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness, interpretation to support implementation
- Support in monitoring transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.)
- Graduated with a Master/Specialist (Diploma) in subject such as industrial/civil construction, or economics/ law with relevant previous experience in a similar role
- Extensive overall work experience, with contractors or engineers in construction projects. You will come from a contract management or related background in project management or engineering within the construction industry
- Fluent English in writing and speaking. Other languages would be a benefit (Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, German)
- Ideally experience in the implementation of power plant projects (EPCI would be a plus)
- Broad knowledge of the types and structure of the contracts in construction and energy industries (e.g. FIDIC)
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Cost and safety awareness
- Team Player and self-driven
- Intercultural awareness
- Excellent people management skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with both customers and a range of stakeholders
- Readiness to travel – 15% to 30%
What we offer
For this role we offer the chance to be a key part of an evolving area of the business, you will have the opportunity bring your perspective helping drive and improve how we do things for the future. We offer an exciting job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, high performing and international work environment in the renewable energy sector.
This position is based in our office in Malmö, but could be located in offices in Demark, Germany or UK for the right candidate also and it is expected there may be some limited travel across the region.
If the above matches your field of interest and your qualifications, please apply online as soon as possible and no later than 19th August 2020.
Please apply online, but for any further information then contact Talent Acquisition Partner Martin Whittle on +44(0)7515325141.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 105 GW of wind turbines in 80 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 86 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 24,500 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.