CONSTRUCTION READINESS ADVISOR – DIRECT HIRE CONTRACT –KAZAKHSTAN
Our Client, a Major international Oil and Gas contractor, is looking for a Construction Readiness Advisor to work on a turnaround project based in Kazakhstan.
- Bachelor’s degree in international recognized engineering discipline paired with position related adequate qualification and Construction Readiness experience in Oil & Gas industry.
- Professional accreditation/chartered status with a recognized international institution is an advantage.
- Significant Project Engineering / Construction Readiness Engineering experience gathered from a wide range of locations, minimum 6 years relevant experience in all phases (pre/post FID) of the project life cycle (international experience a distinct experience ), including minimum 3 years in minimum Team Leader role, preferably with a significant period thereof period spent in a brown field execution environment, facilities engineering and/or Turn Around team.
- Demonstrated strong personal commitment to HSSE Leadership and experience in managing HSSE throughout all project phases.
- Demonstrated abilities of Cost & Schedule management of Construction Readiness Advisor related activities throughout all project phases.
- Experience of driving business and work process improvement in Construction Readiness and construction execution, key words being: HSSE driven mind-set, fit-for-purpose solutions, simplification, lean methods and cost effectiveness.
- Previous leadership role in NOV experience is a must.
- Ideally incumbent should have worked for an EPC contractor/in an EPC contractor environment for at least 5 years in a field leadership capacity to fully understand the reality of Construction Readiness.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in implementing/rolling out project management systems and intent based project assurance.
- Skill pool leadership experience (as User / Developer / Continuous Improvement / Reviewer role).
- Proven track record on being a Team Player with acumen in managing working with others to deliver own goals.
- Hands on Construction Readiness / Construction Execution/ Commissioning Leadership in both onshore & offshore and green field / brownfield is a must.
- Leader of Teams experience in execution planning and related budgeting and cost control elements.
- Demonstrated (timely) delivery capability to enable contribution to successful preparation (adherence to stringent Turnaround milestone planning) and completion of projects for Turnarounds within Construction Readinesssphere.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and capability to step into all Construction Readiness related disciplines to remove barriers during executing Processes.
- Demonstrated leader of team’s ability driving the development of talent through hands-on coaching and mentoring of staff.
- Leadership competencies acquired in the execution of major O&G Projects worldwide;
- Team player skills: Communicate effectively and with respect and integrity. Value diversity play on strengths of others and self.
- Team leader skills: Drive team members to high performance. Skilled in "delivery through others".
- Commercial and negotiation experience would be an asset.
- Incumbent is required to deliver on multiple projects with different priorities and therefore must seek out the most efficient project delivery method;
- A largely self-motivated person with drive and stamina who is solution-oriented, customer-focused and who can deal with a multitude of, at times, challenging interfaces.
- A proven track record of hands-on experience, e.g. in Turnarounds, is considered critical.
- Personally resilient, flexible, self-confident, and assertive, especially in dealing with contractors;
- Practitioner in customer focus and stakeholder management: Incumbent must be able to follow different stakeholders at different levels and parts of the organisation to facilitate project delivery
- Evidence of leadership and team-building skills, that enables incumbent to work well in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Hands-On experience of utilizing multiple discipline functions and quickly establish relationships with practitioners to ensure construction processes and standards are consistently applied.
- Assessment of hazards associated with a task (i.e. how severe potential health impacts might be, the likelihood of these occurring and the control measures required to make the work site as safe as reasonably practicable) is conducted by several processes: such as Health Risk Assessment, Workplace Attestation, and Industrial control. HSSE department is nominated as process owner for implementation and communication to personnel.
- In the process of organizational-technical and economic development, development of modern management technologies, introduction of the new technical devices, improvement measures on organization and work effectiveness the extension of employee’s work responsibilities.
- In these cases without changing the job title, Employer can assign to Employee the fulfilment of other work responsibilities stipulated by other job characteristics but similar on work content and equal on complexity, which do not require other specialty and qualification, and do not contradict with safety rules.
- Good knowledge of International Construction Readiness & construction standards, best practices, systems, and an established network to call upon and deploy this knowledge within Kazakhstan.
- Documented experience with working in toxic/high pressure environments, high H2S facilities experience is a must; but must have experience managing staff and contractors in a challenging high-risk brownfield environment.
- PC literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Evidential fluency in written and spoken English language - due to expected major involvement with international contractors; related internationally accepted examination results will be advantageous.
Construction Readiness Advisor encompasses all functional Construction Readiness relevant considerations into all Phases of a Project (Fabrication & Installation/Commissioning plus Start-Up Support till Handover to Operations).
The Construction Readiness Advisor leads the functional Support Requirements including Due Diligence of Project Engineering/Construction & Field Engineering activities relating to Projects and PCN assigned within the portfolio of Directorate - during all within Project Management Framework defined stages.
Be an HSSE leader within CLIENT, with a strong focus on Contractor HSSE performance and behavioural HSSE programs.
Be a recognised Leader within CLIENT for Construction Readiness Assurance - and lead the therefore required functional participation, review, input and be responsible for the execution of appointed actions close out.
The incumbent will therefore contribute to CLIENT's Construction Readiness Community inside or outside of Directorate’s Onshore Projects.
Be a recognised Leader within Director for Construction Readiness Continuous Improvement - and lead the therefore required initiatives within area of SME (Construction Readiness Advisor) and wider Directorate community.
Responsible for overall health of the respective assigned stream in the Job Family and development of talent in it.
Be a recognised Mentor/Coach within CLIENT for SME based transfer of skills/knowhow to support CLIENT's development of talent and lead therefore required initiatives within area of SME (Construction Readiness Advisor).
- Lead as Construction Readiness Advisor all multi-disciplined major projects and/or plant change projects assigned to Directorate Onshore Projects.
- Direct and drive EPC, EPFI, Design Contractors, General Industrial Contractors.
- Lead implementation of best practices in Advanced Work Packaging and work face preparation and planning.
- Establish relationships with Contractor Senior Leadership in order to create the environment where contractors deliver HSSE, Quality, Cost and Production Performance.
- HSSE leadership in managing HSSE performance of contractors involved in Directorate major projects and PCN executed under Directorate stewardship.
- Ensure compliance with Project HSSE assurance activities in line with Onshore Projects assurance processes per Project Stage.
- Lead and drive deployment (and improvement) of standardized Construction Readiness practices and tools.
- Direct/steer multi-disciplined contractor in any respective phase of major or plant change projects via the respective Project Management Teams to allow 100% compliance to CLIENT's Project Management Framework.
- Record, document and drive any required deviations utilizing appropriate MoC system.
- Liaise therefore directly with Contractor Management Team in coordination and planning of activities including sufficient resources are available on-time to achieve implementation milestones.
- Lead the definition of requirements to support the timely availability of required resources for individual projects within SME sphere - providing therefore required input & justifications up to a level to complement Directorate’s part of CLIENT's MPP.
- Lead Construction Readiness related respective Assurance Systems/Structure and an overall annual Project Assurance Plan to allow Directorate following timely its MY Construction Readiness Plan.
- Lead the effective execution of all Construction Readiness associated assurance activities to ensure that Construction Readiness and delivery will progress smoothly, and controlled, during in CLIENT’s Project management Framework defined phases.
- Lead Head of Project Delivery initiated specific requests for ad-hoc interventions required to support Project Managers deliverables within sphere of SME.
- Head the Development/Implementation/Continuous Improvement of the respective SME section within CLIENT's Project Management System by working closely with the required Codes & Standards Team.
- Head drive & foster the enabling of the implementation of a Construction Readiness Advisor section within the Development Index Rating process for all Onshore Projectss.
- Within Construction Readiness community lead the broadening of understanding of contracting community and drive the capability improvement of contractors servicing CLIENT.
- Head therefore utilization of a effective Management of Change control procedure for plant changes to ensure that change are minimized.
- Lead regular Project driven reviews of cost and schedule establishment systems - in close liaison with finance and business services - also aligned with that of the Engineering Services Contractor to be used.
- Sponsor and manage regular monitoring and control exercises to define systematic/procedural health status of costs and schedule benchmarking against executed projects/industry standards.
- Lead for Construction Readiness regular review of relevant sections applied Project Quality Management System and ensure their effectivity for Project Delivery Team and the respective Engineering/Execution Services Contractor(s).
- Include therefore the Risk Management System and ensure all key risks have an appropriate mitigation strategy in place.
- Ensure that all key Project Engineering project interfaces are identified and effectively managed.
- Accountable for the provision of Specialty Services - such as Lifting & Logistic / Welding Engineering / Material & Corrosion expertise / etc... in Onshore Projects.
- Lead the establishment of effective/qualitative and quantitative sufficient data provision by Directorate’s Projects to support CLIENT's integrated planning requirements within Construction Readiness community.
- CLIENT qualified Contract User of all required contract sections related to Construction Readiness within Department.
- Lead development of Construction Readiness section of a Brownfield Modification Engineering Service Contract + the respective Execution Service Contract, which delivers solutions for the customer (production operations) that meets key business goals such as availability, reliability and product quality.
- Lead as Role model for Construction Readiness community the adequate level of communication and cooperation is set and maintained with other functions within CLIENT as well as local authorities.
- Engagement in the turnaround of process equipment, as well as in pre-turnaround and post-turnaround activities at any site location of the Company’s facilities (further - Turnaround);
- Execution of Turnaround works, during Turnaround period, at any site location of the Company’s facility as instructed (whether in oral or written form) by the persons responsible for Turnaround and in accordance with the Schedule approved by Company;
- Compliance with HSSE standards and Quality Control procedures while executing Turnaround works;
- Complete, proper and timely execution of tasks assigned by the persons responsible for Turnaround
- Any circumstances that slow down or prevent assigned tasks to be completed properly and within the time specified in the Company Schedule shall be immediately reported to the persons responsible for Turnaround
Rate: US$ negotiable per worked day net of Kazakh tax
Duration: 9 months
Rotation: 28 days on / 28 days off (working 7 days a week, 12 hours a day).
Benefits: Client pays medical insurance/medical evacuation, Accommodation, transport, rotational flights, meals.
We are instructed to only submit to our Client candidates whose qualifications and experience match client’s specification.