Construction Project Manager
MSELECT is looking to hire an experienced Construction Project Manager to
work with an international oil operator in Kurdistan, minimum 15 years
of experience is requested, fluency in English is a must.
The Construction Project Manager shall be responsible for the overall
co-ordination during construction including the supervision and
management of Subcontractors and Vendors, the determination of
requirements for materials and construction equipment and the
co-ordination with other works being undertaken by the Company and other
parties in relation to the Project.
The Construction Project shall be administered, directed and controlled in a
transparent and equitable manner in accordance with Company’s business
principles utilizing adequate and fit for purpose management tools and capable staff.
The control systems that shall comprise cost, time and resource
management shall be fully documented in the project execution plan and
Health, safety, environment and security are core values at company and
are taken very seriously. All employees are expected to play their role
whereas senior staff is also part of a company-wide safety leadership
programme. The Construction Project Manager will play a key role in
- Management and supervision of all activities to ensure all
construction works are performed safely and in accordance with the
companies HSE policy
- Discuss drawings with construction teams and engineers to gain feedback.
- Review completed construction drawings from third parties for accuracy and conformity to company standards.
- Management and delivery of the Construction Project works in accordance with the companies HSE policy
- Ensure company quality control roles are in place the quality expectations are met.
- Project planning and scheduling, cost control, change control,
quality assurance, quality control, document control, health, safety,
- (HSE) design engineering and construction management.
- Direct the contractor’s activities with respect to project
execution ensuring the contractor is familiar with company execution
plans and overall job requirements,staffs the project with adequate
numbers of qualified personnel and optimizes the use of those personnel
and employs the appropriate design tools and adheres to all agreed
specifications and standards;
- Produce professional project status reports.
- Monitor project progress and ensure necessary information flow between stakeholders to meet project milestones
- Interface Management between all Contractors.
- Review and approval of contractor method statements
- Liaison with engineering design and constructability input to engineering design
- Review of engineering deliverables
- Management of costs and status reporting as related to construction activities
- Management of materials and timely delivery to execute the project.
- Implementation of mechanical completion system to ensure smooth handover to operations.
- Input to project planning and scheduling
- Participate in HAZID, HAZAN, HAZOP, SIL & QRA studies.
- Support effective handover and closure of projects and contracts.
Qualification and experience
- Minimum 15 years of experience in construction projects within the oil and gas industry.
- BSc or equivalent in Engineering discipline (Civil, Mechanical, electrical or instrumentation).
- Fluent in English language.
- Hands on experience with construction and commissioning.
- Experience in developing technically acceptable, constructible and operable cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment and adapt to frequent project changes.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and diagrams to create or
modify drawings using company and internationally accepted standards.
- Coordinate with engineers, technicians and other personnel to incorporate concepts and information into work packs.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently with minimal oversight.
- Open, clear, communication style
- Proven team player who sets tone for desired culture
- Passionate leader of multi-discipline teams with strong focus on safety and leading people.
- Flexible working style with adaptability
- High energy, strong work ethic
- Ability to achieve results in a small company through initiative and taking accountability
- Ability to cope with pressure, complexity and ambiguity while bringing order and clarity
- Good delegate and prepared to self-deliver when needed – a working project engineer
- Ability to maintain a balance of structure, planning and predictability with fast execution
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process.