US, Portland | Management | Full-Time | ID: 8568
Does Wind power mean the world to you? Are you a Construction Manager looking for a new opportunity? Vestas is looking for several qualified people to coordinate and direct performance, while having a professional focus on safety. The right team members will have robust people management skills, P&L specialist, customer service skills, and qualified team-building skills.
Sales / SBU AME / Construction Management
This department is responsible for the overall leadership, management, and growth of the personnel, equipment and subcontractors required to install wind turbine generator facilities. The Construction Manager will effectively meet and exceed key goals & performance in the areas of safety & behavior, execution skills, team alignment/engagement/motivation, customer loyalty, and financial performance. They will Maintain a highly effective team that is focused on continuous improvement and achieving high-level results. Achievement is measured against Key Performance Indicators, organizational goals/initiatives, team motivation/performance, and meeting customer commitments.
- Defines site level safety practices and protocol in alignment with organizational standards.
- Ensures safety procedures are followed and work site is safe for all employees, customers, subcontractors and the public. Advocates the journey to an incident, injury and illness free culture and environment. Maintains close partnership with the Health, Safety and Environment department
- Monitors project schedule, ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met
- Establishes and maintains highly effective relationships with the customer, BOP Contractor, and internal partners. Pursues “ambassador” status with their customer(s) and a site that is focused on customer loyalty excellence
- Understands wind turbine technology and basic work practices to support and direct efficient cost-effective team models that improve customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the project site budget and operational efficiency (Propels down cost/MWH). Establishes the most effective and efficient staffing model to meet operational goals. Supervises costs that impact the bottom line. Implements initiatives that improve efficiency and effectiveness. Responsible for liquidated damages mitigation
- Ensures site data is updated and processed in a timely manner in the appropriate information systems for reporting and tracking purposes including summary of construction progress
- Responsible for accurate documentation for billing and providing support for efficient accounts receivable
- Inspects work during construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications
- Responsible for the management, effectiveness and efficiency of site assets (vehicles, equipment, tools, office, etc.)
- Represents Vestas values and advocates high standards of performance. Coaches, mentors and develops technicians
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or similar degree
- 5 years of experience as construction or project manager, project lead, or other management experience, e.g. in a related service, industrial or manufacturing setting
- Technical background required, especially in Substation, electrical instrumentation, hydraulic or rotating heavy equipment. Effective knowledge of technical drawings and schematics. Ability to understand and utilize detailed technical information to solve complex problems
- Professional knowledge of safety procedures and management
- High-quality leadership skills. Proven ability in coaching, mentoring, motivating and developing employees to achieve a highly aligned, motivated and engaged team
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making ability with balanced risk taking. Ability to apply expertise to get results
- Proven continuous improvement and quality methodology skills including root cause analysis / closed loop corrective action and Lean concepts. Proven issue resolution and structred problem-solving methodology. Promotes improvement in existing products and services to better meet customer needs
- Previous budgeting, cost management and scheduling experience. Background in business fundamentals and solid business financial knowledge preferred
- Professional PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Primavera Project Management preferred. SAP knowledge highly preferred
- Ability to hold Vestas internal certification in required safety programs that include LOTO, Electrical, Fall Arrest & High Angle Emergency Decent, and Confined Space
- Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate manner. Demonstrates a personal commitment to identify customers' apparent and underlying needs and continually seeks to provide the highest quality service and product to all customers
- Communicates Vestas’ vision in ways that gain the support of others. Mentors, motivates and guides others toward goals
- Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment
- Accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; vacation and sick time; generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
These positions are situated in various remote locations across North America – the right candidate is willing to go to the site that best fits their skillset.
*This position is for contract position through 12/31/2020 (With possibility to extend)
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.