Abingdon, United Kingdom – Abingdon Technology Center https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H13CBeudfXY
We are SLB, the leading provider of technology and services to the Energy industry, over 120 countries. We design, develop, and deliver Digital technologies and services to transform how work is done by leveraging cloud capabilities.
We define the boundaries of the industry by unleashing our talented people’s energy. We’re looking for innovators to join our diverse community of colleagues and develop best in class technology and push the limits of what’s possible. If you share our passion for discovery and want to find out what you could really do, then here is the place to do it.
The Cloud Deployment Engineer’s mission is to support in ensuring the appropriate cloud solutions in DELFI are deployed for the customers (internal or external) ensuring end to end business workflows integrity, The Cloud Solution Engineer will be delivering cloud solutions to customers across the UK, European & African markets. He/she provides the HQ technical support in order for the field locations to position and deploy the various solutions.
The Cloud Deployment Engineer is responsible for assisting the customers across the engagement life-cycle, and specifically across the Assess, Design and Deploy phases of their digital transformation journey.
Main responsibilities revolve around enabling customers, other SLB business lines and internal users to adopt DELFI and assist in the implementation of their digital workflows.
- Direct reporting to the Cloud Deployment Team Lead.
- Mainly Interfaces with:
- Solution/Product Engineering and Portfolio teams
- Cloud Operations
- SLB Field Organization
- Customers Business and IT Organizations
- Cloud Services Providers
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop the necessary Solution Design capabilities and competencies for ensuring successful deployment of cloud solutions.
- Capture the Cloud deployment status to keep track of the deployment activity and its performance.
- Commit to comply to Schlumberger QHSE, IT Cloud standards, Cybersecurity and SOC-2 approved processes.
- Continuous knowledge capture on best practices through SLB company Sharepoint/Wiki.
- Technology watch: keeping track of technology trends to improve our Cloud designs and deployments, and share knowledge with Solution teams and Engineering
- Ensure successful customer onboarding to their DELFI environment.
- Manage Infrastructure and Image Customizations in line with Cloud Adoption processes.
- Capture customizations and deployment playbooks in Azure DevOps
- Hands-on experience on Azure Cloud Technologies to support built-in Cloud solutions.
- Cloud Solutions Deployment experience
- Azure DevOps (CI/CD), virtualization and container technologies
- PowerShell Scripting
- Advanced Skills in Cloud Infrastructure Deployment, Firewall & Load Balancing, switching, backup and disaster recovery, high availability, enterprise and cloud storage management and technologies, databases, and infrastructure capacity planning
- Software Packaging & Automated Deployment Experience
- Experience with GCP & AWS Cloud technologies are advantageous
- Python, Bash or Node.js
- Working knowledge of RESTful Architecture, Security Principles (OAuth2 & JWT), GitHub, Infrastructure as Code (IaC)
- Proficiency in Cloud Service Models (Iaas, SaaS, PaaS)
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a wide range of peers and stakeholders (internal, external).
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to confidently facilitate or chair meetings.
- Effective decision making.
- Autonomous, able to adapt, lead, coach, inspire and motivate.
- Ability to deal with a high-pressure environment and demanding deadlines.
- Proactive, and be able to drive projects forward from a technical standpoint, challenging existing processes and procedures where necessary.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive package including performance related bonus
- Private healthcare for employee + family
- Flexible working: 2 days in office are required, 3 days flexible
- Subsidised dental care
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Relocation: If an employee lives more than 40 miles away from the office then they are eligible for relocation. This comes with:
1. Custom Relocation assistance
2. Relocation Allowance – 2 months’ base salary
- Employee Mental health support, health & wellness coaching
- Employee discounted share purchasing scheme & pension contribution (up to 6%)
- Generous income protection scheme, life insurance (4 times base salary, min 150K)
- Other benefits through flexible benefits program (Cycle to Work, salary sacrifice, option to select additional insurances like travel insurance, health screening…)
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.