Civil / Structural Supervisor
Civil / Structural Supervisor
Infrastructure Section Head
The job objective is to:
- Manage and inspect the assigned civil & structural works and ensure the construction work meet predefined objectives and safety, quality, cost and time requirements.
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure it’s in compliance with Company specification and international standard.
- Review and approve construction procedures and method statements and special database reports when its required.
- Provides technical assistance and consults with other departments regarding engineering functions and site development.
- Lead the civil construction work together with Consultants, Contractors and Subcontractors.
- Logistics, materials handling and inspection at site construction.
- Ensure standard HSE, quality management system & construction procedures shall be implemented.
- Manage the performance of construction team and (sub) contractors and to avoid repetitive construction mistakes by considering projects lesson learned.
- Ensure leading practices, standards and guidelines are adhered to during the construction stage of the project.
- Conducts construction inspections and provide support to review and approve contractor pay requests.
- Provide support to reviews and process the construction change orders.
- Attend and participate in the meetings whenever required.
- Submit daily reports for the projects under his supervision.
- Assist to evaluate the performance of consultant and subcontractors according to their actual performance.
- Timely report any issue may impact the timely delivery of the projects.
- Performs related duties as required by management
Number of staff supervised:
5 – 20 company and consultancy staff
100,000,000 plus (overall project)
- Manage Scope, Organization, Quality, Cost and Time for the civil work.
- Contribute to set up and contract management of construction and /or EPC contracts
- Liaises with local authorities (if required) in line with the applicable governance documents and contracts (JOA, EDPSC)
- Communicate and coordinate the interface issues with relevant parties.
Health, Security, Safety and Environment
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HSSE management policies, procedures and controls within own area, monitoring, reviewing and evaluating on a continuous basis, and a responsible environmental attitude.
- Leading by example and develop a strong safety-first culture within the own and (sub) contractor workforce. Strong focus on personal safety, security and QA/QC.
People & Contractor Management
- Manage the activities and work performed by Project Management Consultancy (PMC), Contractors and Suppliers.
- Build good relationships with key stakeholders.
- Submit performance assessment about PMC and construction team and (sub) contractors.
- Recommend training and development for team members to build their capabilities.
- Liaise with QA/QC section to conduct quality training to construction team and (sub) contractors to improve their quality capabilities.
- Develop overview of contractor’s strengths and weaknesses and intervene as and when required exercising contractual rights.
- Assist on Block 9 CSR strategy development and execution
Prepare, Monitoring & Control Budgets and Plans
- Plan and monitor construction work through reporting, analysis and identifying variances from the plans.
- Identify deviations at the earliest possible stage and assist in the development of recovery plans and mitigation measures.
- Communicate critical issues to the infrastructure section head in a timely manner with proposed solutions.
- Inform project team of reaching important project milestones.
- Oversee the construction contractors and suppliers on an ongoing basis.
Contractor and Vendor selection
- If required, assist in identifying the list of external service providers eligible to provide the relevant services and work with the Procurement department to issue RFP/tender as per Kuwait Energy’s policy.
- If required, assist in conducting technical and financial analysis of the proposals submitted by the service providers along with the relevant departments.
- If required, contribute on selection contractors prior to award
- Prepare data base for the actual performance of (sub) contractors/suppliers and report the same to attention of management & pre-award evaluators.
Policies, Systems, Processes and Procedures
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Construction Management policies, systems, processes and procedures, identifying potential areas of improvement.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements on adherence to policies, procedures and instructions within own area related to all relevant regulatory directives to promote a safe and risk-free environment.
- Improvement of systems processes and practices.
COMMUNICATIONS & WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Facilities Projects Team and Consultancy.
- Asset Management Team, HSSE.
- Operations & Maintenance
- Contractors, Vendors & Service providers
- Construction and EPC Contractors
- Degree in Civil engineering or equivalent (BSc preferred)
- Professional certification or accreditation in construction management or proven experience
- 5-10 years of post-qualification experience with experience in the oil and gas industry
- Work experience in the MENA Region, preferably in Iraq.
- Demonstrated construction management roles of at least (5) five USD 60 million plus capital projects.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Mastery in Construction Management
- Skilled in Influencing and Conflict Handling
- Skilled in Contract Management
- Ability to think laterally and provide creative solutions to deliver projects and give strategic directions
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ability to drive and achieve desired results within the defined time duration