MSELECT is looking to hire a Catalogue Analyst for an international oil and gas operator in Basra. Candidates must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in Materials Classification and Coding System. English fluency is a must.
- Superintendent Controller
- Warehouse Section
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE
Carry out duties related to the classification and coding of new materials, equipment and spare parts ordered or purchased ensuring proper specification and part numbers are assigned, as well as standardization and control of materials master through periodic filtering. Make data entries to the computer system as required. Participates in periodic physical inventories aimed at ensuring that inventory reports are correct with physical stock, material management system to correct the items specification record updates. Advise an interchangeable materials and substitute materials for issue from available stocks.
TASKS AND DUTIES
- Carry out duties related to the coding of all maintenance and general materials, equipment and spare parts in accordance with the approved coding and price system. Ensures that no duplicate requisitions are raised for materials.
- Keeps records of all requisitions and relevant purchase order files with details of materials ordered, description, quantity and coding numbers. Assigns codes for new materials ensuring proper specification and part numbers are assigned. Receives and files copies of purchase orders and when orders are completed receives other copies as final Company receipt. Maintains up to date records containing all relevant documentation including copies of consignment notes and requisitions.
- Assists in the amendment of the coding catalogue. Includes revising numbers, unit of issue, description, etc. Ensures that accounting classification code on amended item is correct. Inputs all amendments into the coding system.
- Advise an interchangeable materials and substitute materials for issue from available stocks.
- Participates in periodic physical inventories aimed at ensuring that inventory reports tally with physical stock.
- Makes data entries to the computer system as required.
- Carry out other similar or related duties such as maintaining technical files and records including all relevant material coding catalogues, preparing ad hoc reports, etc.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
Internal, frequent contacts with Superintendent Controller, and other employees in the Warehouse at all levels reasonable contact within CPL Department and other user departments at own level to obtain information and to discuss alternative materials on duplicated requisitions.
Independence of Operation:
Work in accordance with routine work procedures. Opportunity for independent action is limited to routine decisions concerning coding. Completed work is subject to review and regularly checked for details at intervals in the work cycle.
- B.Sc. in engineering discipline or material management.
- 2-3 years’ experience in Materials Classification and Coding System.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good knowledge of data entry operation within SAP Material Management System.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process