Open To: EU /UK Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: A leading UK-based provider of Laboratory Reservoir Characterisation Services is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to play a pivotal role in the development of new business across their wellsite and laboratory reservoir characterisation services. Dynamic, highly motivated applicants with a minimum of 5 years’ energy industry experience combined with proven sales/BDM in either Oil and Gas, Drilling or Energy Sectors. The role offers travel opportunities (post Covid) and the autonomy to drive the Company’s services across the energy and drilling industries across Europe and Africa. The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
Part of a worldwide services group, the Company has expanded rapidly over recent years and is now preparing for future growth. As recognised experts in full cycle Core and Drill-Cuttings Analysis and related data management services they undertake a range of analytical projects on behalf of their clients globally.
The focus of this role is on the Oil and Gas sector. However, the Company recognises the opportunity for their laboratory analysis and auxiliary services across the fast growing geothermal and carbon capture and storage sectors. Working with the BDM for New Energies, you will help drive awareness and reputation across these new energy sectors, identifying players, building contacts and driving customer value and revenue growth for their services.
Working closely with the Head of Business Development, Oil & Gas and New Energies and the Business Development Manager for New Energies, you will be mentored and supported in your task and will be given every opportunity to perform and succeed.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Head of Business Development, Oil & Gas and New Energies you will undertake the following tasks:
• Become knowledgeable and competent in discussing the Company’s range of expert wellsite and laboratory analysis services on core, drill cuttings and fluids. Identify the players involved in these sectors –who they are, how to liaise with them, what value could the Company add, how to engage; engage and deliver results.
• Identify, seek out and build good working relationships - through direct contact, involvement in webinars, forums, social media, debates, conferences, marketing activities, etc.
• Be proactive in raising awareness of the Company and relevant services.
• Be proactive in keeping abreast of established companies and new start-ups in these sectors, those that have secured licenses to operate, partnerships, collaboration, new technological advancements, press coverage etc.
• Share this industry knowledge with your colleagues, raising your understanding of opportunities, across the wider Company.
• Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company; share opportunities you come across for cross selling of the multi-department service portfolio.
• Maintain and share a sales forecasting and reporting on business development activities on a weekly basis;
• Develop your knowledge of the workflows of the geothermal and carbon capture and storage sectors – you will work closely with the BDM for New Energies - there will be synergies in terms of revenue growth strategies.
• Attend industry events as required – webinars, forums, conferences, debates…
• Keep abreast of competitors entering this market space – report back on their differentials, approach and potential threat.
This is an exciting role that provides a great deal of scope and autonomy to drive revenue. As a key player, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction and growth of the Company’s services across these energy sectors.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
• A minimum of 5 years of successful track record in driving sales/ business development for technical services in the Oil and Gas, Drilling or Energy Sectors essential
• An Earth Science related degree is preferred.
• An understanding of the work flows of the oil and gas upstream, geothermal and/or carbon capture and storage (CCS) sectors highly advantageous – you will work closely with the BDM for New Energies – leveraging from knowledge and expertise across your client base/markets.
• Highly ambitious with the strong drive to succeed.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
• Good organisational capacity - can devise and manage your own workload, sales cycles and pipeline independently, to deliver success.
• A passion and strong drive for sales/business development as well as experience of closing deals and managing revenue targets essential
• Experienced in tender preparation and contract negotiations.
• Background or knowledge of Core Analysis, SCAL, Reservoir Characterisation/Analysis, Petrophysics, Wellsite operations or/and Downhole logging tools highly advantageous. Training and support provided.
• Consultative sales experience desired – you are selling technical services not point products.
• Strong outgoing personality essential – ability to reach out, identify and engage with key players.
• A team player - can work effectively with regional sales to promote and maximise Company revenues.
• Can work with Operations to ensure sold projects are delivered professionally, within budget and on time. Repeat business is key!
• Highly methodical - ability to multi-task, prioritise, with attention to detail but constantly paying attention to meeting targets.
• Can travel as required.
Package: A Base Salary and Bonus Scheme on offer dependent on skills and e
Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.