Open to: EU /UK Nationals or UK work permit holders
Job Overview: A leading UK-based provider of Laboratory Reservoir Characterisation Services is looking for a Junior Business Development Manager to play a pivotal role in the development of new business across their “New Energies” sectors such as geothermal and carbon capture. This is an exciting new role and dynamic, highly motivated applicants are invited. The key to the role is a passion for the low carbon sectors and an interest in pursuing a commercial role - training/support provided. The role is open to graduates but some experience in a Sales/BDM or pre/post sales role in Oil and Gas or new energy sectors highly desired. The role offers travel opportunities (post Covid) with great scope and autonomy to drive New Energy services across Europe and Africa. The Company has an equal opportunity policy and a strong supporter of gender diversity. They welcome both male and female applicants for this role.
Part of a worldwide services group, the Company has expanded rapidly over recent years and is now preparing for future growth. As recognised experts in full cycle Core and Drill-Cuttings Analysis and related data management services they undertake a range of analytical projects on behalf of their clients globally.
The Company recognises the opportunity for their laboratory analysis and auxiliary services across the fast growing geothermal and carbon capture and storage sectors. With a strong customer service focus and an entrepreneurial “can-do” attitude, you will help drive awareness and reputation across these sectors, identifying players, building contacts and driving customer value and revenue growth for their services.
Working closely with the Head of Business Development, Oil & Gas and Business Development Manager for Oil and Gas, you will be mentored and supported in your task and will be given every opportunity to perform and succeed.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Head of Business Development, Oil & Gas and New Energies you will undertake the following tasks:
- Become knowledgeable and competent in discussing the Company’s range of expert wellsite and laboratory analysis services on core, drill cuttings and fluids.
- Develop your knowledge of the workflows of the geothermal and carbon capture and storage sectors. Understand their challenges and drivers for growth.
- Identify the players involved in these sectors –who they are, how to liaise with them, what value could the Company add, how to engage; engage and deliver results.
- Identify, seek out and build good working relationships - through direct contact, involvement in webinars, forums, social media, debates, conferences, marketing activities, etc.
- Be proactive in raising awareness of the Company and relevant services.
- Be proactive in keeping abreast of established companies and new start-ups in these sectors, those that have secured licenses to operate, partnerships, collaboration, new technological advancements, press coverage etc.
- Share this industry knowledge with your colleagues, raising your understanding of opportunities, across the wider Company.
- Build good working relationships with your peers and across the wider company; share opportunities you come across for cross selling of the multi-department service portfolio.
- Maintain and share a sales forecasting and reporting on business development activities on a weekly basis;
- Attend industry events as required – webinars, forums, conferences, debates…
- As you progress, your aim is to become the focal point for all matters pertaining to the New Energy sectors.
- Develop your knowledge of the workflows for Oil and Gas laboratory reservoir characterization services - you will work closely with the BDM for Oil and Gas - there will be synergies in terms of revenue growth strategies.
- Keep abreast of competitors entering this market space – report back on their differentials, approach and potential threat.
This is an exciting new role that provides a great deal of scope and autonomy to drive revenue. As a key player in this new business sector, you will have the opportunity to influence the direction and growth of the Company’s services across New Energy sectors.
The successful candidate will have:
- An Earth Science related degree preferred – especially low carbon related degrees.
- Some experience in a Sales/BDM or post/pre sales role in oil and gas, drilling or in a new energy sector desired but full training provided. A track record in driving revenue advantageous.
- A passion for low carbon energy sectors essential.
- An understanding of the work flows of the geothermal and/or carbon capture and storage (CCS) sector highly advantageous.
- Highly ambitious with the strong drive to succeed.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Good organisational capacity - can devise and manage your own workload, sales cycles and pipeline independently, to deliver success.
- A passion and strong drive for sales/business development as well as experience of closing deals and managing revenue targets essential
- Experience in tender preparation and contract negotiations advantageous – training provided.
- Background or knowledge of Core Analysis, SCAL, Reservoir Characterisation/Analysis, Petrophysics, Wellsite operations or/and Downhole logging tools highly advantageous. These are the core business sectors of the Company and easily translated to New Energy Clients. Training and support provided.
- Consultative sales experience desired – you are selling technical services not point products.
- Strong outgoing personality essential – ability to reach out, identify and engage with key players.
- A team player - can work effectively with regional sales to promote and maximise Company revenues.
- Can work with Operations to ensure sold projects are delivered professionally, within budget and on time. Repeat business is key!
- Highly methodical - ability to multi-task, prioritise, with attention to detail but constantly paying attention to meeting targets.
- Can travel as required.
Package: A Competitive Base Salary and Bonus Scheme on offer dependent on skills and experience. Plus Company Benefits
Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.