URGENT - Contract – 6 Months +
Location: USA – Remote working (CST Time Zone of 1-2 hours)
Open To: Open to all based in the USA
Job Overview: A leading and well-established Information Management Company in the global oil and gas industry seeks a Business/Data Analyst to work in the Production and Projects domain within a major oil operator. Working remotely within CST Time Zone of 1-2 hours, the initial contract is for 6 months but this may be extended for another 6 months. With the ability to extract insights from various data sources and personal relationships you will support leadership decision making in delivering a portfolio of digital transformation projects. Applicants are invited with experience in digital transformation technologies and practices, and the ability to define, lead and manage multi-disciplinary teams to achieve objectives.
Responsibilities: The successful candidate who will be able to:
• Understanding scope of work -you will be expected to access multiple data sources to construct a clear representation of the progress against the defined scope of work of multiple projects.
• Access Resource demand – you will be able to estimate the resources needed to deliver on different digital projects, and tracking progress against estimates. Able to present the information in a way that informs leadership decision making on future required actions.
• Supporting Project management – you will be expected to leverage the available project management tools and processes to understand the status of the each of the projects. In addition, you are expected to proactively identify improvement opportunities in the project management implementation.
• Develop performance reporting – you will be able to develop accurate, concise and relevant performance reports that provide leadership with a clear understanding of the status of the projects and the decisions needed to deliver on the business goals.
• Communicate value delivered – you will prepare clearly and concise communication materials that will be used at all levels of the organization to illustrate digital transformation progress, show value added to the business and demonstrating the benefits to the end users.
• 5 years’ work experience in the oil and gas industry essential.
• Project management experience essential
• Exposure to the Operations and Projects areas of the exploration and production business essential
• Ability to build quality Power BI performance dashboards from various data sources – full training provided in Power BI.
• Confidence and clarity in communicating with leadership teams
• Experience working with project tracking tools including the use of ADO boards highly desired.
• Above average communication skills and track record of sharing messages on multiple platforms
• Create messages and success stories that illustrate the value added through digital transformation.
• Successfully interface with data owners, subject matter experts and IT providers to deeply understand project progress and messages to be communicated.
• Experience working collaboratively across multiple time zones and geographies.
• Experience in the digital transformation space highly desired - of the workflows, business practices and technologies key
• Experience working in multidisciplinary teams is highly desired.
• Ability to interact with both tactical and strategic teams, working towards a common goal essential.
• Experience working in a team that uses Agile approaches desired.
• Highly flexible – ability to adapt to new project challenges and prioritise workloads.
Package: A competitive Day Rate is available.
Please submit a Cover Letter with your application - outlining a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience pertaining to requirements) b) your availability and c) your Day Rate expectations.