Open to EU Nationals or UK Work Permit Holders
A well-established Management Consulting Company focused on the energy and industrial sectors seek a Business Analyst to support consulting projects and business development activities. They have recently opened a London branch and are expanding their Team and remit, so it is a great time to join. Applicants are invited with a minimum of 3 years work experience with a consultancy organisation, in a relevant sector, combined with a passion and drive to succeed. The role offers a great deal of scope to influence direction and success! Client travel (post Covid) could be domestic or international, requiring 4 days/week or longer stays.
With offices in the US and UK, this Management Consultancy has for the last 25 years, advised companies through transformation and complex change. They have a strong team of expert consultants across many energy and industrial sectors. Their consultancy approach is highly successful, resulting in projects globally, tight partnerships with clients and a great deal of ongoing and referral business. Their focus on understanding all aspects of their Client’s business, operations, and challenges is key to their delivery of effective implementations, better results, and value that lasts. As partners, they listen, challenge and deliver meaningful sustainable change that delivers greatly improved business.
The Company is well established in global business sectors such as Upstream Oil and Gas and Industrial sectors (e.g. manufacturing, warehousing, logistics). Their Services include strategy design and implementation, process improvement, cash flow enhancement, mergers and acquisitions, human capital and organizational change, the energy transition, and digital transformation.
In 2020, the Company opened at office in London with a focus on Europe initially. This is a great time to join and influence their growth and success. In this exciting new role, you will work with the UK and US based experts, supporting a wide range of consulting engagements and business development activities globally.
Responsibilities: Reporting to the UK Managing Director, your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Become knowledgeable in the business sectors that the Company are involved in – understand the challenges and drivers of these sectors and players involved. Research public domain information and engage with colleagues and 3rd parties to enhance your understanding.
- Become knowledgeable and competent in your understanding of the consulting services that the Company offer. Understand their consulting methodologies, processes, practices and reporting lines.
- Provide effective support to consulting projects under the guidance of Project Consultants.
- Compile and analyse data from clients and research markets.
- Build financial models and spreadsheets to support your insights.
- Using MS Office tools (Powerpoint, Word, Excel…) analysis and communicate clearly and concisely.
- Summarize key insights and findings and share with your colleagues.
- Working closely with Business Development personnel, support their activities through market industry/sector research, client research, analysis, consolidation of data, insights, strategic planning, presentations and marketing activities.
- Assist in preparing winning presentations and proposals to win business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Build strong relations with clients – demonstrating credibility, authority in sector, effective engagement and excellence of service delivery throughout.
- Be proactive in raising the awareness and reputation of the Company at every opportunity - not just across potential clients, but partners, industry bodies and the wider industry at large.
- Be proactive in continuing to keep abreast of industry trends, challenges, players, drivers, competition, pricing in sectors of interest.
- Participate/attend where possible industry events – conferences, webinars, forums, debates.
- When not assigned to a client project, you will be expected to work at the company office 3+ days per week.
Preferences: The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 3 years working for a consulting organisation essential.
- Work experience in Oil and Gas, Investment Banking, Industrials (e.g. manufacturing, warehousing, logistics), Mining, Power and/or Renewable sectors welcomed.
- A degree essential – preferably a business, IT, geoscience, engineering or financial degree.
- A desire and ability to support consulting projects.
- Commercial acumen essential – an understanding of the “sales cycle” and the process of generating new business opportunities.
- An affinity with marketing essential - seeking out and generating marketing opportunities to raise awareness and reputation.
- An entrepreneurial spirit essential – ambitious with a drive to help the business develop new opportunities and revenue streams.
- Methodical essential – can research, analysis findings, summarise, develop insights and report/present recommendations.
- Have an intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm to learn new topics, industries, and solutions essential.
- It literate essential – competent in MS Office (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel..).
- Can build financial models and spreadsheets essential.
- Excellent client facing skills essential – credible engagement and relationship management is key!
- Ability to travel (post Covid) both domestically and internationally as required. A good work/life balance will be maintained though.
Package: A Base Salary of £45K - £55K is on offer dependent on skills and experience. The role is eligible for a discretionary bonus program paying circa 20% so the potential package is £54K -£66K. Plus Company benefits.
To apply for this job:
Please make sure you upload your CV and submit a Cover Letter. Your Cover Letter in support of your application, should outline a) why you feel you may be particularly suited to this position (i.e. relevant skills/experience and education) b) your availability and c) your salary expectations.