Purpose & Accountabilities :
The role holder needs to be able handle a variety of management information reporting and accounting issues, utilizing experience and analytical skills to assess problems and design solutions. The successful candidate must possess strong communication skills and be capable of developing relationships with various stakeholders. He/she will be a member of team (10-15 Staff), reporting to Senior Team Manager.
STRATEGY, PLANNING, APPRAISAL AND REPORTING:
- Understands the business and the link between own role and the business strategy
- Prepare all input to the financial performance assessment process (from Asset level up to Country level)
- Attend business performance review meeting / challenge business on performance (basing on financial results)
- Challenge and agree proposal of forecast/latest estimates updates with their budget holders (taking Actual / accruals / projects and assets status fully into account). Communicates the proposal to the relevant Country Finance Managers
- Responsible for correct, reliable and meaningful analysis of financial data to enable value adding MI and understanding of key cost drivers impact, reasonable variance analysis and interventions
- Responsible for Cost Allocation Management (establish business need, create and maintain allocation set up with support from Controllers), investigates and resolves unallocated balances
- Supports the Reporting team with detailed variance analysis for Group reporting/MI reporting
- Provides input to statutory reporting
- Prepare data analysis on request
-Ensures partner billings and cash-calls are in line with agreed Work Program& Budget
- Understands the Joint Venture Agreements and can interpret JVA requirement to financial requirements/system structures. This includes the partner reporting structures including country specifics.
- Collate and co-ordinate Joint Venture Work Program & Budget, analyze variances and reports to Finance Managers/other Analysts, participation in partner meetings
- Monthly JV partner reporting and variance comments/analysis input
GOVERNANCE RISK AND ASSURANCE
- Ensure compliance with the Shell Group Control Framework and relevant standards/guidelines. Identify and Manage Financial Risks. Participate as line resource in Audits or Reviews that form part of the Assurance Plan of the company as required.
- Financial controls execution,
- Focal point role for external auditors, supporting Finance Managers in closing of audit findings
- Provide data to tax for tax reporting as specified by the tax function
WORKING CAPITAL AND CASH
- P&L and Cash Flow Analysis and communication, providing visibility of Cash Flow From Operations & value in each asset of the portfolio looked after, structured planning and tracking process for short and long term cash forecast.
- Participation in Balance Sheet Reviews