Audit Specialist – Internal
Job Title: Audit Specialist – Internal
Reports to: Audit Section Head – Internal
Section: Internal Audit
Location: Basra (Iraq)
Native Arabic speaker with proficiency in English language. Expertise in MS Excel.
3 – 5 years with Big four audit firms. Experience in exploration & development in oil and gas industry and ERP tools like IDEAS and SAP
Provide necessary assistance to Sr Audit Specialist in planning & conducting internal audits with a view to prevent & avoid risk to the company interests & help maintain its long term operational, financial & regulatory control framework, enhance company’s sustainable and healthy development.
• Assist Sr Audit Specialist in preparation of annual internal audit work plan
• Develop, organize and execute audit programs as set in Annual Internal Audit Work Plan in consultation with Sr Audit Specialist
• Assist Sr Audit Specialist in monitoring company's operational activities and processes
• Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results
• Frequent communication with B9 other departments in order to ensure UEG’s / KEC’s audit recommendations are appropriately implemented and constantly followed up
• Provide necessary assistance to UEG Internal Audit team for audit plans.
• Coordination with UEG IA team on routine work
• In order to reach audit target, for each specific audit program, design detailed audit plan for execution in consultation with Sr Audit Specialist
• Ensure follow up and execution of audit program
monitor audit quality
collect, document and update work procedures of operating activities
establish appropriate and complete audit documentation
organize departmental daily business.
• Perform other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
Accounting, audit or finance bachelor’s degree or above; Chartered Accountant or Chartered Internal Auditor as a plus.
*Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process