People power our future. That is why advancing a dynamic, inclusive
environment, where everyone grows and thrives is critically important to
Our ingenuity fuels daily life. Together, we’ve forged some of the
most trusted partnerships across the energy value chain to make what was
once just an idea a reality: laying subsea infrastructure thousands of
feet below sea level, installing offshore platforms hundreds of miles
from shore, and using our expertise to design and build offshore wind
For more than 100 years, we've been making the impossible possible.
Today, we're driving the energy transition with more than 30,000 of the
brightest minds across 54 countries.
Here, what you do matters.
Assist then Senior Quality Inspector/ Quality Inspector in
determining product conformity to customer specification through
independent inspection and tests in accordance with the Project Quality
Plan. Identify non conformity for rectification and assure final
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Review and become familiar with project design drawing, isometric
drawing, drawing, Inspection & Test Plan, QC procedures / method
statements / work Instruction / project specifications & where
necessary understand all relevant international standards.
- Perform shop & field / assembly area Inspections of fit-up and
welding in accordance with project WP, specification and scope as noted
within the ITP.
- Perform surveillance inspection and QC activities on site as per QC procedures and at a frequency noted within ITP.
- Compile and collate relevant data related to QC activities,
including recording of objectives evidence, ensuring all records /
verifying documents in ITP and associated QC procedures are generated
correctly and accurately.
- Conducting business & performing duties in accordance with
McDermott’s " Code of Business Conduct" & any other governing
documentation from company.
- Ensure welder qualifications, welders register & WPS's are
posted at latest revision on the information boards around project
- Monitor fit up & welding, ensure welders are following approved WPS’s they are working to / certified for.
- Perform daily surveillances of shop and field welding activities. Perform in-process and final welding inspections.
- Be involved as necessary in pipe cleanliness checks.
- Be involved in mechanical completion activities pre / post hydrotest / leak test / line walking etc.
- Raising QSR's both positive & negative, capturing ongoing construction activity.
- Daily checks of welding consumable handling and ensuring latest
revision of consumable handling procedure is in place and being
- Verification all equipment in use within area of responsibility is
in good working order, well maintained & suitably calibrated.
- Able to perform basic dimensional control inspections.
- Assisting utilities inspection team / ndt team in identifying
joints requiring pmi / ferrite/ hardness / borescope / PT / MT / UT / RT
- Highlight any discrepancies or nonconformance of work / product
which deviates from project requirement /project procedure
- Direct work experience and demonstrated thorough knowledge of
engineering codes and standards with welding and testing requirement
required for the work such as ANSI/ASME B.31.3, B31.4, B.31.8, ASME BPVC
Sec V & IX, AWS D1.1
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- AWS or CSWIP 3.1 minimum, preferably CSWIP 3.2
- Min 8 years general welding and QC inspection
- Minimum Senior High School graduate or possess relevant experience. Technical qualification or degree preferred.
- Knowledge of NDT processes
- Knowledge of materials
- Fabrication yard / fabrication shop experience preferred.
- 8+ years in Relevant industry with coordination experience
- Minimum Senior High School graduate or possess relevant experience.