People power our future. That is why advancing a dynamic, inclusive
environment, where everyone grows and thrives is critically important to
Our ingenuity fuels daily life. Together, we’ve forged some of the
most trusted partnerships across the energy value chain to make what was
once just an idea a reality: laying subsea infrastructure thousands of
feet below sea level, installing offshore platforms hundreds of miles
from shore, and using our expertise to design and build offshore wind
For more than 100 years, we've been making the impossible possible.
Today, we're driving the energy transition with more than 30,000 of the
brightest minds across 54 countries.
Here, what you do matters.
Perform field inspection of fitting and welding in accordance with
project specification and scope as noted in the ITP. Review and
familiarize with Project AFC drawing, NDT drawing, ITP, Work Instruction
and Project specification relating to assigned project. Execute the
inspection and Quality Control activities on site, collecting the
relevant objectives proofs, ensuring monitoring and coordination of
quality control activities on electrical and instrument equipment/system
construction, installation and mechanical completion activities.
Conducting business & performing duties in accordance to McDermott’s
" Code of Business Conduct" and any other governing of the company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Read and to understand the Project Specification, applicable Codes and Standards, Procedures and Inspection and Test Plan.
- Calibration of inspection and test instruments, using coatings inspection and test instruments.
and verification of work performed in accordance with specification,
manufacturer recommendations and coating procedure.
- Measure ambient conditions, surface temperature and air quality requirements.
- Inspect Type of blasting equipment and tools to be used
- Inspect Type and size of blasting media.
- Inspect metal surface imperfections / defects
- Test indications of oil or water in compressed air.
- Test analyses of water-soluble ionic contamination of blasting media.
pre-cleaning, solvent cleaning of surface, Mechanical surface
preparation during pre-fabrication and onsite portable centrifugal
blasting, Open air blast cleaning, Vacuum blast cleaning, Hand and power
- Measure compressed air pressure.
- Inspect degree of cleanliness required.
- Measure surface profile of blast cleaned surface.
- Assess surface cleanliness of blast cleaned surface.
- Inspect coating material storage conditions.
- Inspect type of coating material to be used.
- Monitor thinning, mixing, induction time and pot life.
type of coating application equipment, Thermal Sprayed Aluminum,
Passive Fire Protection, Self-leveling compounds, Anti-skid deck
coatings, Coated Hot Dip Galvanizing, Insulation and its acceptance.
- Monitor application method, type and pattern.
- Measure wet film thickness by notch gages.
- Non-destructive measurement of dry film thickness of non-magnetic coatings / non-conductive coatings applied to ferrous surface.
- Monitor re-coating and final curing schedules.
- Test discontinuities (holiday or pinholes) of coatings and linings.
- Inspection of defects on coated surface.
- Acceptable and unacceptable defects.
- To stop non-conforming work and inform the production supervisor of required corrective rework.
- Documentation of the daily inspection activities and other necessary activity as per the project requirement.
- High standard of safe working practice, quality and productivity as well as compliance with the code of business conduct.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Under graduated Degree / Senior High School
years Quality control or related experience in Weld, NDT,Paint,
Material, Electrical, Instrumentation, Telecommunication, Equipment
Inspection and ISO metric drawing reading skills