At Fluor, we are proud to design and build projects and careers. This requires teams that are as unique as the projects we execute. We are committed to fostering a work environment that embraces Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DE&I) for all so our employees and stakeholders benefit from the creative solutions derived as a result of embracing differences.
This position requires beginner’s knowledge of estimating in the heavy construction engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) industry. The individual will be responsible for generating complete and accurate estimating data/work in a timely and professional manner. The individual in this role understands estimating to the direct level for a single prime account. As the role expands, the individual begins gaining an understanding of estimating fundamentals applicable to other prime accounts.
• Exhibit effective engineering, procurement, fabrication, and construction (EPFC) industry knowledge
• Demonstrate familiarity with estimating fundamentals, especially for Direct Field Costs (DFC) and Fluor Services costs
• Demonstrate knowledge of estimate allowances and their application in an estimate
• Demonstrate knowledge of Work Breakdown Structure and Cost Elements to Estimate Data
• Prepare Material Take-Offs for estimates
• Other duties as assigned
Notice to Candidates:
Background checks are carried out as part of any conditional offer made, including (but not limited to & role dependant) education, professional registration, employment, references, passport verifications and Global Watchlist screening.
To be Considered Candidates:
Must be authorized to work in the country where the position is located.
Basic Job Requirements
• Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent in applicable field of study and one (1) year of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to five (5) years if non-degreed; some locations may have additional or different qualifications in order to comply with local requirements
• Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and visitors
• Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
• Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
US Citizenship Required
• Be knowledgeable about business line specific rates to be applied in Services cost estimates
• Assist or become familiar with Estimate Plan and Basis of Estimate documents
• Become familiar with knowledge management portals and communities with regard to forum questions and discussions
• Become knowledgeable about the benefits of Cost Competitive Execution and Excel to Win
• Minimum of one (1) year of experience using an Industry recognized estimating system
• Minimum of zero (0) years of field experience
• Some estimating skills and knowledge is required; must have good communication, math, analytical and MS Excel skills
• Recognized as requiring guidance and supervision in the following areas: Direct Field Costs, Indirect Field Costs, Fluor Services Costs, Escalation, Selling an Estimate, Benchmarking and Unit Rates for Key Commodities, Currency fluctuation, tax & insurance costs, and performance bonds & letter of credit costs, Estimate Plan, Basis of Estimate, Input and Use of Business Risk Management Framework (BRMF), Use of Allowances, Cost Contingency, Input of Estimate into Global Pricing Model’s Template, Productivity Worksheets, Craft Mix and Crew Mix, Expatriate Policy Costs, Data Analyst, Comparison Analyst, Input into and Use of Historical Data (EMS – Experience Management System)
• Good analytical and computer skills
Fluor is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to promote employee health, wellness, and financial security. Our offerings include medical, dental and vision plans, EAP, disability coverage, life insurance, AD&D, voluntary benefit plans, 401(k) with a company match, and training and development courses.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by governing law.