Asset Reliability Engineer
Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit an Asset Reliability Engineer based at our client’s office in Aberdeen.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the oil and gas production and processing industry. We design, build, operate and maintain oil and gas facilities, which we deliver through a range of flexible and innovative commercial models that can be aligned to an individual client, project or asset. We have a diverse client portfolio which includes many of the world’s leading integrated, independent and national oil and gas companies.
The Reliability Engineer’s prime responsibility is the prevention of critical equipment failures and elimination of recurring defects in a systematic and sustainable way. The Asset Reliability Engineer is the focal point for all Asset Plant related issues regarding availability and reliability of equipment systems, equipment operation, and equipment health. The engineer is responsible for the implementation of several areas of the CNR Operational Excellence Standard.
- Carry out Reliability analysis and structural problem solving across all sites as required:
- Assure that reliability/availability targets are being achieved by monitoring plant/equipment reliability and availability, and preventing, and eliminating critical failures by applying root cause analysis (RCA) methodologies.
- Lead reviews of process and equipment failures, using structured problem-solving techniques.
- Lead/facilitate Leadership and Discipline level meetings and present Top 5 priority items (Bad Actors) for improvement at production meetings.
- Ensure solutions from RCA activities are implemented and tracked through the CNR processes.
- Report results of improvement events at meetings.
- Lead/facilitate improvement events, on site, including steps to sustain the equipment condition.
- Reviews MMS preventive maintenance task lists to ensure they are fit for purpose and in compliance with the Maintenance Performance standards and procedures and instructions.
- Knowledge and skill in RCM, FMEA, LCC, PMO, Cost Benefit Analysis and CBM.
- Identify and highlight equipment deterioration at an early stage to initiate adequate actions.
- The successful candidate will have a BSc. Degree/ HND (or equivalent).
- Engineering experience in rotating, mechanical, electrical or instrumentation discipline, and an understanding of equipment and dominant failures for this discipline.
Sound experience in Reliability/Maintenance engineering.
- Good knowledge of methodologies RCM, FMEA, PMO and CBM.
- A first-class advocate and communicator, you’ll have excellent facilitation and IT skills (like Excel and Word), with a strong focus on Production, Technical Integrity and Cost.
- A team player with good interpersonal skills and a service provision mindset, who is comfortable with auditors, third party operators and external verifiers and regulators.
- The ability to develop and share networks, and identify and deliver quick wins is essential, as are self-performance management skills.
- Pension Scheme
- Health Care
- Death in Service
- Sick Pay
We recruit, reward and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.