PT, Porto | Professional | Full-Time | ID: 9756
Do you want to be part of the team making the future sustainable? Then you may be the candidate that we are looking for!
Design Centre Porto
Aerodynamic & Acoustics team within the Blades Early Engagement department of Vestas unit is responsible for the delivery of new and innovative products and technologies that supports and increases the performance of new wind turbines and options for our service portfolio.
As Aero-acoustic Engineer, you will support a world class blade aerodynamics and acoustic team involving blade design process from a very conceptual level to full scale demonstrator stage. You will have the opportunity to bring new ideas into concepts, perform feasibility studies and assess the associated uncertainties both on a technical as commercial level. The work is very diverse and ranges from creating aero-acoustic models, simulate new wind turbine noise level, software tool development to support aero-acoustic investigations, validation and verification by dedicated wind tunnel measurements and overall turbine design and optimization together with other system specialists. Dependent on your experience and level, you will lead larger projects and/or take up responsibility for development of our aero-acoustic tools
Specific responsibilities include:
- Improvement of current rotor noise prediction tool and implementation of new modelling capabilities
- Develop and deliver high-fidelity Computational Aeroacoustics (CAA) or CFD based noise prediction tool in partnership with CFD team
- Implement and deliver aerodynamic and acoustic wind tunnel experiments, and model validation and assessment
- Perform rotor noise simulation and data analysis to support different blade design projects. Support to other relevant disciplines where noise/acoustic is an issue (aerodynamics, Lighting, LAC, Platform etc.) providing engineering solutions
- Development and application of design guidelines
- Development of new technologies to further reduce aerodynamic noise of future products
- Experienced engineer in the field of wind turbine aerodynamics or aeroacoustics, having experience in wind tunnel measurements, or a relevant MSc./PhD related to wind turbine or helicopter rotor dynamics.
- The ideal candidate has the motivation, capacity, and understanding to dive into the underlying physics and phenomena related to aerodynamics and acoustic interaction, has a solid problem-solving skills and has a desire to take wind turbine technology one step further. We are looking for a enthusiastic person with a strong motivation for innovation, capable to take on technically complex tasks and the capacity to coordinate multi-disciplinary projects
- Good knowledge of airfoil/wind turbine aerodynamics and acoustics
- Experience with aerodynamics or/and acoustic wind tunnel measurements
- Experience with CFD and CAA Tools or with airfoil noise analysis tools
- Good programming skills with emphasis on code quality, readability and maintainability
- Experience with statistics and data analysis
- Experience with wind industry aero-elastic tools (e.g. Flex5, Bladed, HAWC2 or similar)
- Solid language skills in English
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic person with a good motivation for innovation
- Good team-player, open attitude and good communication skills
- Experience in coordinating projects
- Experience with wind turbine or blade testing and wind turbine measurement campaigns
- Experience with blade design and wind turbine aerodynamics
- Knowledge of wind turbine controls
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.